Keeping our nation safe from disease outbreaks depends on effective and well-coordinated programs that monitor public health. What are some of the key efforts at work in the United States?
What do you know about infectious disease?
Infectious Disease Defined
- Skin Lesion
Any abnormal tissue on the skin caused by injury or disease.
Search the National Academies Press website by selecting one of these related terms.
- Enhancing Food Safety: The Role of the Food and Drug Administration (2010)
- BioWatch and Public Health Surveillance: Evaluating Systems for the Early Detection of Biological Threats—Abbreviated Version, Summary (2009)
- Sustaining Global Surveillance and Response to Emerging Zoonotic Diseases (2009)
- The U.S. Commitment to Global Health: Recommendations for the Public and Private Sectors (2009)
- Global Infectious Disease Surveillance and Detection: Assessing the Challenges, Finding Solutions—Workshop Summary (2007)
- Addressing Foodborne Threats to Health: Policies, Practices, and Global Coordination—Workshop Summary (2006)
- Microbial Threats to Health: Emergence, Detection, and Response (2003)