National borders do not block the advance of infectious diseases. Learn how our modern way of life contributes to the spread and emergence of disease.
What do you know about infectious disease?
Infectious Disease Defined
The entry, establishment, and replication of pathogens inside a host organism.
Search the National Academies Press website by selecting one of these related terms.
- The Causes and Impacts of Neglected Tropical and Zoonotic Diseases: Opportunities for Integrated Intervention Strategies—Workshop Summary (2011)
- Infectious Disease Movement in a Borderless World—Workshop Summary (2010)
- Global Issues in Water, Sanitation, and Health—Workshop Summary (2009)
- Global Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events: Understanding the Contributions to Infectious Disease Emergence—Workshop Summary (2008)
- The Impact of Globalization on Infectious Disease Emergence and Control: Exploring the Consequences and Opportunities—Workshop Summary (2006)
- The Smallpox Vaccination Program: Public Health in an Age of Terrorism (2005)